Dr. Mark Moline is the Director of the School of Marine Science and Policy within the University of Delaware’s College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment. Udel’s School of Marine Science and Policy, along with SCRIPPS Institution of Oceanography, has been an informal partnership with Bentprop since 2012. The three formalized the partnership and co-founded Project Recover in 2016.
Udel and SCRIPPS provide pivotal advanced technology to support the search for MIAs.At the same time, the project provides a test bed for developing underwater search technologies and methods, and is a platform for inspiring public interest in science and engineering.
In the video below, Dr. Mark Moline discusses Udel’s role in helping to locate lost heroes from World War II.
Read more posts about the Science Behind The Search:
Read posts about other WWII Aircrafts Project Recover has located:
- May 2018 – Project Recover Locates WWII B-24 Bomber, Heaven Can Wait
- May 2017 – Two Missing World War II Bombers Documented by Project Recover Off Papua New Guinea
- March 2016 – Project Recover Locates WWII TBM Avenger Aircraft
- March 2015 – PMAN XVII – Project Recover Locates TBM Avenger in Palau
- March 2014 – PMAN XVI – Project Recover Locates Hellcat and Avenger in Palau