Application for Team Membership
Are you Interested in doing fieldwork or research with us as a volunteer team member?
If you’re interested in joining the Project Recover team, here’s a checklist of personal attributes that we look for, as an absolute minimum. If you honestly feel that you satisfy all of these basic requirements, feel free to move on to the next step:
First – You have read Project Recover’s Mission, Vision, and Values Statement and unreservedly agree with everything in that document.
- You are very healthy, mentally and physically
- You are flexible and handle change well
- You appreciate travel as part of the exploration process
- You can manage your own dietary needs successfully
- You want to share who you are and what you know and value with other people
- You want to know who people are and what they know and value
- You can live with a reasonable appreciation of things as they are
- You can start a day not knowing exactly where that day will lead you
- You can start an hour not knowing exactly where that hour will lead you
- You have some skills and attitudes that will enhance the group
You maintain health in your use of alcohol and have zero tolerance for illegal drug use
- You will be respectful of our host countries, their cultures, their customs, and their religions at all times
- You can endure traveling a long distance via multiple flights and immediately begin working with little time to adjust to new surroundings and climate.
- You can hike throughout the day over extreme terrain in exceptionally hot, humid conditions while carrying a significant amount of equipment.
- You can hike where no trails exist, and without hydration can impair your health.
- Scuba certification is preferred but not required.
Do you still want to apply to join us? Please complete the following form:
Please tell us why you want to join the team and a little about yourself.